All Americans come from Ohio originally, if only briefly. --- Dawn Powell

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Slow Hand/God and the English/Ohio Countryside

I've often been asked what Ohio is like by folks in England and I typically reply that it's a lot like where they live. By most of their responses, I suspect that they oftentimes don't believe me. Perhaps they would believe Slow Hand/God/Eric Clapton, who has a home in Columbus, OH and has shared pretty much the same sentiments as I, although in an interview with Larry King: "I have a house in England. I have a house in France, a house in Columbus, and a house in Antigua. (Columbus) is great. Well, it is very much like England to me. It has the same sort of countryside, rolling hills, you know, small kind of civilized communities of people that all know one another."

No comments:

Post a Comment