All Americans come from Ohio originally, if only briefly. --- Dawn Powell

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Walking After You

     I arrive in London and what do I see but  Dave Grohl staring back at me.  Perhaps this is the universe's way of saying that I should let go of my deep disdain for the Foo Fighters or that I should stop using it as a procrastination tactic in writing about the great Mr. Grohl.  After all, as I've said before to a friend, I can forgive the man's transgressions in forming such a band because he was once an integral member of Nirvana. . .plus, he's just a great drummer (he was crowned Godlike Genius by the Shockwaves NME Awards this year) and seems like a very nice guy (even heard a DJ say that the other day).
    All of those great things aside, what's important to this blog is that Grohl was born in Warren, OH on January 14th, 1969.  Although he grew up in Alexandria, Virginia, the northeastern Ohio town considers him a native and granted him a key to the city in 2009.  There's also a roadway in downtown Warren called "Dave Grohl Alley" which was dedicated to him with murals by local artists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment