All Americans come from Ohio originally, if only briefly. --- Dawn Powell

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The brooding, sensitive Freddie

How often does Luke Perry come up in conversation?!?!?  Not very.  So after two mentions of the James Dean look-a-like came up (with reference to BtVS film and the original Beverly Hills, 90210 series) in discussions yesterday with my friend Lauren, I thought I should dedicate a few words to the Ohio native.  This will be a bit telling of my age but the original cast of 90210 were supposed to be the same age as myself and their fictional class also graduated from high school and went off to college in 1993.  The character Dylan McKay, a brooding and sensitive rich boy managed to hit the right note for me as I was going through a James Dean and Laurence Olivier's Heathcliff phase at the time (to be completely honest, perhaps it was just the beginning).  Well, to get back to Perry, he was born in Mansfield, which is about 30 miles from my hometown, and grew up in Fredericktown.  It's been stated in interviews that Perry likes to return to Fredericktown annually for their Tomato Show.

Baseball 90210  

No comments:

Post a Comment