All Americans come from Ohio originally, if only briefly. --- Dawn Powell

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baby, I Love Your Way

Apparently, there's just something about Ohio women when it comes to English rock veterans. While Eric Clapton is raising his young family in a Columbus suburb, Peter Frampton (of Frampton Comes Alive) has been raising his in the affluent Cincinnati suburb Indian Hill.  Frampton grew up in Beckenham, Kent, England and attended Bromley Technical School where his father was an art teacher and David Bowie was a classmate (more about Bowie later since he too has ties to Ohio).  At the age of seven he taught himself to play the banjolele, by the age of ten he was in a band, at the age of 16 he was chosen 'The Face of 1968' by the UK Press, at 26 he was named Rolling Stone's 'Artist of the Year' for his biggest-selling live record in history and at the age of 60 he is still creating new music.

Frampton on living in Cincinnati (excerpted from Bankrate.com interview):
"My wife comes from Cincinnati. When all is said and done, I go off for two weeks and then I'm home for one week. I have a daughter at Kent State, I have a son who lives with his mother in Miami. I have a daughter at a local college. I have a 7-year-old with me. We made a family pact, that we would spend all 12 of her school years in one place. Also, I researched it: Cincinnati consistently has the top five school districts in the nation. I didn't go to boarding school. My wife didn't either -- we both went to public school. Now, when we lived in L.A., we had to put them in private school. You have to there, it's just too bad. I hope Arnold can fix that up!"
Peter Frampton & Tina Elfers

No comments:

Post a Comment